FLASHBACK WITH DONNA MARK (5-PIECE BAND)
"Flashback with Donna Mark" is a five-piece variety band that has amassed years of experience and become experts in energizing the crowd with their seamless, high energy dance repertoire which spans Motown, Rock, Rock n Roll, Disco, Funk, Swing, Big Band Jazz, Country, Latin and Pop. By jumping genres, smoothly transitioning from one song to the next, and showcasing our experienced performers, Flashback with Donna Mark impresses even the most discriminating guests. Our wardrobe, sound system, and lighting is top-shelf.
Our DJ, Keith "the Guard Dog" Gard will pump up the jams to add a more current vibe between band sets
COCKTAIL HOUR MUSIC
Dick Summers on piano along with Donna Mark on vocals will entertain your guests while they relax to elegant ballads.
Linda and Lindsay, our sopranos, have performed at many weddings as well as with the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra. They will guide you on choosing the perfect songs for your wedding ceremony. Ask about classical guitar and piano.
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life. Many decisions go into creating a perfectly joyful day. You want your wedding reception to have that magical energy that will make your party come alive! Nothing does that more than “live” music. The live factor entertains, energizes and creates a focus your guests will be talking about long after the party’s over.
We’ll help you create your custom start-to-finish reception itinerary. We’re ready to listen to your ideas and assure that no detail is overlooked. From the professionally delivered bridal party announcements upon your arrival, emceeing and coordinating the entire event, to picking the music for your special dances, and deciding what you want in (or out) of the party plan, Flashback with Donna Mark's quality speaks for itself, having been proven time and again over the past 20+ years.
We can provide a variety of musical and fee options depending on the size and location of your wedding reception. Call us today to get started with your dream wedding.
Frequently asked questions
Whether you’re planning a wedding, a private party or corporate event, you might have questions about hiring “live” music. Here are some important questions and answers to help you make your decision.
1. What kind of music do you play and how many are in the band? Flashback with Donna Mark is a variety dance party band that plays many different styles of popular music with lots of harmonies. Our band consists of five pieces: drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and female lead singer/percussionist. All five members sing which gives you a lot of variety of sound.
2. How far in advance should you book? It’s highly recommended to book six months to a year in advance.
3. Can you provide cocktail hour music? Yes, our keyboard player can play a variety of piano music throughout your cocktail hour. Some hotels provide a baby grand piano for that purpose. Ask your food and beverage manager. Or, we can provide a nice selection of recorded soft jazz.
4. Sound, stage & lights? We will provide a top quality powered Mackie sound system. We need a minimum 200 sf of space to set up. No stage is necessary but many venues provide one. At least 2 grounded outlets are necessary for power. We also have stage lighting, which is optional.
5. Will the bandleader take care of introductions/announcements? Yes. We do all the emceeing you require, specifically to suit your wedding reception or corporate event.
6. Can the band learn songs that aren’t on the song list? Yes. We do have a limit of no more than two (2) new songs per event. If you have more than that, and we can’t do it “live,” a CD version can be played. Please give us 4-6 months lead time.
7. What about song selections from our list? Please provide a list of songs you don’t want played at your event. We will provide the list.
8. What about meals for the band? Meals (6) for the band members and support crew (sound engineer) are always appreciated.
9. What about the volume of the band? We are always in charge of volume. We do not play "too loud." We encourage you to let the sound engineer know if you find it to be too loud or too soft. Flashback uses "in-ear" monitors and small Mackie monitors to help keep the stage volume to a minimum. We aim to please.
10. How many breaks will the band take? Depending on the type of event, the band will play up to one-hour sets and take 15 minute breaks. We will coordinate and emcee cutting of the cake, bouquet and garter toss. Background music will be played on a CD during the breaks if necessary.
11. What about travel expenses? Travel expenses become effective with any show being more than 60 miles each way from Harrisburg city limits. The fee is based on basic driving expenses/player. We may require hotel rooms to be included in the contract, if we deem it necessary.
12. Contract & deposit? Should you decide to hire Flashback with Donna Mark for your event, you will be required to sign an agreement and return it with a deposit. The agreement guarantees that we will hold the date for you, perform as requested, and commit you to paying us in full at the end of the event. You will receive two signed copies of the contract. You keep one, then sign the other and return with a non-refundable deposit amounting to 20% of agreed upon total price, within 15 days of receipt. If for any reason Flashback with Donna Mark cannot perform, we will make every effort to find a comparable replacement. If your event is cancelled, as much notice as possible is appreciated. This is an agreement, not a legal document.
13. Where have you performed?
Conewago Manor Inn, wedding, Elizabethtown, PA
Carlisle Country Club, Stoup-Funk wedding
Nissley Vineyards, summer lawn concert, Bainbridge, PA
Hollywood Casino, lounge show, Grantville, PA
Hotel Hershey Iberian Lounge, lounge show, Hershey, PA
Harrisburg Hilton, wedding, Harrisburg, PA
Hamilton Club, private party, Lancaster, PA
West Shore Country Club, private party, Camp Hill, PA
New Singles, dance, New Cumberland, PA
Let's Dance!, dance, Valencia Ballroom, York, PA
LB Smith Classic IV Meet (50 Vintage Fords) Lemoyne, PA
Dillsburg Legion Ballroom, New Year's Eve party, Dillsburg, PA
Lawnton Legion, dance, Harrisburg, PA
Let's Dance! dance Valencia Ballroom, York, PA
The Wharf, nightclub, Harrisburg, PA
Scott's Grille Olde Towne, nightclub, New Cumberland, PA
Stock's On Second, nightclub, Harrisburg, PA
Yorktowne Hotel, New Year's Eve party, York, PA
and many others.
If you have any other questions that have not been answered above, simply contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-571-9100.